Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jonathan and Sara


I thought I'd update everyone on my brother's status. Jonathan and his bride to be, Sara, have set a date to be married on the 26th of June in American Fork, Utah at the Timpanogos Temple. They took some pictures this past weekend up in Colorado. This is not the picture they chose for their announcements, but I absolutely love it so I'm posting it here on my blog. I think umbrellas are the most fun. I tried to convince Monte that we should take a picture with an umbrella for our engagement picture, but he didn't see the point. Haha. But aren't Jonathan and Sara just adorable. I'm soooo happy for my brother!

Luckily, if you want to look at it that way...Monte's work is issuing a mandatory week's vacation for all employees so we are going to spend a whole week in Utah and see friends and family and get to know Sara a bit before the wedding. It will be grand and I am looking forward to the trip ever so much.

I thought back to how much I wondered at the changes that took place in just one year of my life. One summer I was having my senior art show, graduating from college, and starting my job at the art gallery, and the next I was getting married, leaving my home in Utah, and starting a new life in Texas. Now a year hence I will be celebrating my one year anniversary with my brother in Utah as he embarks on the marital path. My Father will have had to spend the last two Father's Day's marrying off his only two children. And now I finally am beginning to feel like my brother and I have transitioned those years of childhood siblings into full fledged adults with families of our own. It's a little sad in a happy sort of way. I respectfully mourn the passing of those stages in our lives and gladly look forward to the new adventures that await us. My brother and I have always been close. My best friend for so long. I hope that our new families will continue that closeness and share with each other all that happens, the trials and blessings of life, and...may our children grow up with fond affection for their cousins.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassandra,
Guess what- I will be in Utah at the same time you are!! And at the same temple on the same day!
My sister, Natalie, will be married on June 26th in the TImpanagos temple!! What a coincidence!
I am not sure what my schedule is like during the week, but I would love to be able to get together sometime and chat with you and your husband. My husband won't be able to make it, but I will be there with Savannah. What time is Jonathan and Sara getting married? Natalie is scheduled for 11:00.
Maybe we will even run into each other at the temple!
Leila

kim e said...

They do look adorable. I am so happy to see your family moving into the next stage. The little ones to come will just make life that much sweeter.

Ruth said...

I'm so happy for him! That's so special that you guys have always been so close. ...and I'm sure you have way too many people to see when you're in Utah, but if you have time, I'm still here and would love to see you! I know your time will be busy, weddings can be so hectic, so no pressure. :)

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

That is a cute picture...it would be fun to make the whole thing black and white except for the umbrella!

State of Grace said...

Hey!! I found your blog through Beth's! It has been forever since i've seen or spoken to you! I hope your family is doing well, and from the looks of it, they are!

~Naomi (Harris) Jennings

Cha said...

Great picture, great time to get married (our anniversary is June 30), and great blog! We love you!