Sunday, April 09, 2006

Something You Should All Try
this week

I just spent the most delightful weekend down in Charleston, South Carolina where I attended the wedding of my dearest friend Wilbur, of which, I will relate all the details and attach pictures in the very near future for your pure enjoyment.

At the moment though, I am sitting at Caroline's kitchen table in Maryland trying to figure out how to catch the metro from DC to someplace to catch a bus to BWI airport so that I may fly home to Utah (where no one is planning on picking me up from the airport as of yet)---it is all very confusing.

I thought however that this blog needed to be updated to some small degree...so, therefore, until I am able to sit down and write a proper blog entry this one will have to do. I only have one request at the moment. It has to do with my upcoming birthday. (no surprises here...one track mind).

As I was thinking of exciting, fun, delightful activities to celebrate my birthday this year I realized that I have been focusing a lot upon what I could do for myself, and I realized that all I really wanted to do was make others happy---that would make me happy---and I think make this birthday one to remember. I have been trying over the past couple days to do small acts of service and kindness for others. I've been trying to make people smile and surprise them. I wanted to accomplish 24 deeds by the day of my birthday. It has been going quite well, I do think. Until this blog no one has known that this has been my intention which has made it easy to delightfully surprise others. I am however writing this now to ask anyone that is reading this to participate in this exercise. In honor of my 24th birthday, I ask that each of you get out and do something(s) for others to help, please, and make happy. You have from the moment you read this till April 16th (aka Easter Sunday). And of course, if you have any particular interesting experiences I would love to hear about them.


So, step outside yourself...look at others...see what they need...give them a compliment, a ride, a present, a smile...make others happy. I promise you'll have the most fun doing this! What better birthday present can there be than to know that others lives have been touched...what better way to celebrate the Easter holidays and the atonement of our Savior and Lord.

3 comments:

It's Not a Tuba said...

Hey, Friend -

Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea. I hope you're not mad that I got you a birthday present. :) But I certainly will do my best to serve (at least) until the Big Day.

By the way, you'll have to put a link to Andrea's Ghana blog up here; and I'll have to teach "This Family I know" how to put links on theirs sites . . .

That's all. We've missed you. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time. See you soon!

Travis Butterfield said...

well well well. It's nice to see that you still update your blog sometimes *wink*. I hope school is treating you right. And, I hope your upcoming birthday is a great one.

Que Sera said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSANDRA!