Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Most Wonderful Person I Know...

So, I've often wondered about that day when I would take someone home to meet my parents; THE Someone. Would he be nervous? Would I? My fear is that I would revert back to my child-like self when I'm home and under parental control. A friend of mine and I discussed that once. No matter how adult we are on our own it is real easy to switch gears in some respects when we go home. To become whinier or more easily upset...to become childish (but not in the good way). This is something I've worried about. I want to be the same person there as I would be here.

One thing I had not considered, however, is what I would do when I met his parents. That part I have never thought to think about. I generally really enjoy meeting people's families. To see where they come from is very intriguing. I never guessed I would be so nervous.

I met Monte's parents on Wednesday. I felt that I was quiet and awkward. I got better as the days went on and it was easier to be myself around his siblings, but still, I was worried I did not make the good impression I would have liked. I was worried they would have no idea that I could be fun, or supportive, or mostly that they would not see how much I cared - genuinely cared - for their son. I guess I did alright. In the end, his mother told him that I was a keeper. I assume that's a stamp of approval. It made me very happy to hear that. Now, don't jump to any conclusions...there is no understanding beyond simple courtship between us, so no comments, please, on anything further. I just wanted to express my thoughts on this Thanksgiving.

I had the chance to watch Monte this past week with his family. As with all families there are problems and things that irk us because we know them best and have lived with them longest. I could tell there were moments when he may have felt that he didn't quite fit...that he was the outsider in his family. But I could also see how hard he worked "behind the scenes" to make them comfortable, to make them happy. The little things he did for them made me love him so much more. And I also saw how their faces lit up when they told me about their cousin, brother, or son when he wasn't around. They think very highly of him. They all love each other so much. I felt very happy to be included.

Upon further inspection I learned a bit more about him these last couple of days. He is truly wonderful. When he's having a stressful time I want nothing more than to be of support and to help in anyway I can. His happiness ranks right up there on the scale of most important things in my life. At the same time, I have never felt happier. It's hard to describe...but if I was a balloon filling with water, there are days when I am sure I can hold no more without bursting and spilling happiness upon all the rest of the world. He is so good to me. I can't quite understand what I've done to deserve him. Or why he finds me so terrific and lovely. It baffles me that he can love me so much. I think it baffles him too that I could feel the same way about him.
So much has happened this semester. So much has happened in the last couple months. I look forward to the next couple. I look forward to continually learning about him. I look forward to the next moment that I will see him. Monte is so kind and gentle. He is soft spoken and generally good natured. He cares for others and likes to do things for them. He likes eating chocolate and baking desserts. He's so smart and works very hard. I may miss him during long nights on campus but I admire his dedication. He always returns a message. He's the first there and the last to leave at functions and other activities that may require help, assistance, or attendance. He's sooo funny. I have never laughed quite so much. I am constantly smiling and my sides ache with happiness. He's handsome; probably the most handsome man I've ever met. His hands are warm and fit so perfectly in mine. He has a tradition to walk around the Temple alone each Sunday to think. He is so good. Sitting in sacrament next to Monte is probably one the highlights of my week. He enjoys traveling and experiencing new things. He has a serious face when he's stressed or thinking, a huge grin when someone makes him laugh unexpectedly, sleepy eyes when he's tired, and a simple grin with crinkle smiley eyes when he says I love you. He's the most wonderful person I know! It was the best Thanksgiving break. :)

8 comments:

Jana said...

I am so happy that you're so happy. I'm glad that you've found someone to fill your never-exploding balloon, for that is exactly what it is! And it just gets better (harder, too) and even better!

BlueAdagio said...

Oh Jana I love you! Thanks for the vote of support. I miss you alot.

Jami said...

You two make a beautiful couple. I, too, love reading about how happy you are. Hope you two have a wonderful Christmas, together :)

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Ah, thank you for posting pictures of your man. He sounds pretty awesome. I'm glad to hear you're so happy. I've dying to hang out with you again, and would complain to meeting the guy that's made you just glow even more than usual...do you think you and Monte would feel comfortable hangin' out with couple of "boring married people" and their two extra social girls? (or we can try a get-together without kiddos). Let me know...

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Yeah! I just got caught up on things in Cassandra's world. Aside from calling you and thinking you're my sister, I should give you a real phone call soon to catch up. =)... and to find out more about Monte!

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

oh yeah- and i changed the address of our blog sit. now its wearejami.blogspot.com
we just couldn't handle how corny the other one was.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I think I've said this before...but I'll say it again. So cute! So happy for you!
Also I had the first parental meeting just a couple weeks ago, so it seems we were going through the exact same stomach wrenching process at the exact same time. How funny! I'm not surprized you got the stamp of approval.

Que Sera said...

You look so happy! I'm glad you found someone who looks like they love and support you so much. Good luck with things in the future :)