Monday, November 19, 2007


I dreamed last night that I was in a super hero movie...sort of anime looking but with real people. I had powers but I never used them. I was young and no one knew that I had powers. I was looking for a safe haven and then I stumbled into this family who seemed normal but I could tell that their father had powers. (He had blue hair.)
Then it was getting to be night time and I wanted to find a place to sleep and I stumbled down to the ocean side. It was very beautiful but unfortunately it was private property and some dude chased me away with a shot gun. I didn't use my powers. I knew that I could but I didn't want to...and I didn't want anyone to know that I had them.I found a great enormous home after that and I went inside the hall. It looked like a hotel. There was a bad guy in there. I had seen him several times before in my dream. I tried to get passed him unnoticed. I realized then that he was going to hurt someone. I wasn't sure what to do. No one knew I had these powers and if I displayed them I knew he would attack me and I didn't know if I could win because he was very very strong. A group of men appeared at this time. I walked past them down the hall. I looked up and one of the men was the guy with the blue hair. We made eye contact and even though he looked very different now I knew it was same guy who was the normal father before...but now he was using his super powers. The group marched down the hall and attacked the bad guy. It looked like they had won...but then he rose off the floor into the air and healed. He laughed maliciously and then used the chains and ropes they had put around him and shot them out at the group of good men killing them all in a flash of light.I began to run now. He began to fly. I entered the main part of the home and I saw the children, three little girls, that had been out trick or treating with their father earlier, the man with blue hair. They did not know their father had just been killed. But they did know something was wrong. They started to run upstairs. The way this house was set up it had a center shoot that went up floor after floor and was surrounded on the sides by different colored rooms. Each one had a theme color and was very beautiful.










I remember I wanted to look around the green room but I had no time before the bad guy appeared. Then I ran to the orange room and then to the burgundy room.

The girls were screaming by this point and we continued to run upstairs. It was like running in a spiral upwards and the bad guy was using the shoot in the middle to race us upwards.


I knew that we were running out of room and I feared for the kids.

I was young...but not as young as they were and I knew I was their only hope. The bad guy was not after me...but he wanted to kill this whole family. I did not know why but I knew I needed to help. But I was sooo scared. I didn't know if I could defeat him. I didn't know if I could even help. I had just seen him destroy a whole group of strong men with powers who were the protectors. The only thing I had going for me was that he didn't know that I wasn't a normal child...he didn't know that I did have powers. He came through a window in front of the youngest girl. She screamed...my heart was beating so fast by this point and I was petrified. Really and truly afraid...I knew I might could hide or leave but then these children would be murdered. I made a decision to stay. I have never felt so scared. I moved towards the little girl to protect her...


And then I woke up. I woke up from my dream and I was out of breath. Literally. I was breathing so hard and I felt so tired. And I was still afraid. I laid there in my bed for a while and thought about the dream. I didn't know if the children survived. I didn't know if I survived. I got out of the dream before the battle. The only comfort I felt was that I had moved towards the girl before I had woken up. It was such a strange dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream once where a bunch of kids had made a fort that was hanging off of a cliff. One of the kids slipped and was going to fall over the edge of the cliff. In my dream I knew that I could reach out and grab the kid, but I might end up going over the edge with him. I watched in horror and did nothing as the kid slipped over the edge. And then my dream rewound and I was given another chance to save him, this time in slow motion. Again I did nothing. My dream rewound several times, and each time I stood there, knowing I could do something but being too afraid of risking my own life. I'm glad you moved forward to protect the girl. I wish my dream self was as brave as your dream self.