Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hey Friends,

First I would like to thank you for all you hopeful comments. I've been feeling mentally a lot better this week and my head feels clearer cause I've gotten more sleep. I'm still very ready to go to the doctor, however, as I really want the joint pain to end.

But I have been making the most of my more energized self. Yesterday my Visiting Teaching companion and I went out to track some sisters that we've never met. We have a route consisting of four sisters, three of which are inactive. It took just under three hours but we managed to drive all around North Austin. We found that two of the addresses and phone numbers we had did not belong any longer to the sister's name on record. The third, however, belonged to a nice somewhat tired looking stay at home mother of three boys ages 7, 5, and turning three on Friday. We accidentally let her dog out of the apartment so we helped her track the very large puppy down. And we chatted with her a bit. She said it would okay for us to visit in November so even if we never see her at church we will be stopping by again. She probably could use a friend. She's only lived here since February and I know how hard it can be to make friends when you have to stay at home all the time. So, I'm excited to get to know her and break out of my awkward shyness.

I feel like in my time in Provo I became very outgoing. I loved meeting people. Yet, in 4 months in Austin I have reverted back to being a very timid mouse and most of the time people ask me to repeat things because they didn't even hear what I said. I've probably spent too much time using my "inside my head voice" all day. I need to practice my "outside" voice, if you will.

Anyhow, it was still great to be out visiting even if I did feel nervous. And our last visit was with a very active woman in the ward. We have visited her twice before and she is so great. I really like talking with her and her, will be two on Saturday, little girl is so terribly cute and funny.

Since I said that I could name ten sisters in Relief Society in my earlier post I decided to see if that was actually true. It took awhile and I didn't know last names for all of them but I did manage to come up with exactly ten names. I'm pretty proud of myself. (And glad that my estimation didn't end up making a liar out of me.)

On to other news...Monte and I have come up with a good idea for a pumpkin carving so we will be doing that this evening. Maybe I can take a picture of the pumpkin when we're done so that I can post something visual on here since other pictures are not available at this time. (sniff, I miss my pictures.) Luckily, most (not the most recent wedding pics) but most pictures I do have backed up on CD. After my roommate Shiloh's computer's demise I did back up my system earlier this year. (I would thank Shiloh for her loss but I would hate to bring up sad memories.)

Monte and I are also hoping for Trick or Treaters this year. I don't know what the area is like but we're buying some candy to give out in case little kids come knocking. We will also be watching old black and white monster movies. I am planning on going to library tomorrow to see what they have. I'm hoping to find "A Portrait of Dorian Grey" but "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" as well as "Frankenstein" would be great also.

So, if you have any suggestions of good Black and White, spooky, mysterious, or monster type movies then please let me know.

Well, that's all for now.
Take care everyone.

4 comments:

K.E.N said...

"Creature from the Black Lagoon"-this was the movie my parents watched on their first date...so funny, I mean spooky. "Rebecca" is an excellent movie...ummm..anything Hitchcock really. Good luck!

Ruth said...

Hi Cassandra! It's so fun to get in touch again! (even if it is just through a blog. :)I miss all our talks at Coleman Studios! I loved working with you!
I am so sorry to hear how sick you've been! Hopefully the doctors can figure something out! It sounds like Monte is so good to you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Wow I forgot what visiting teaching is like for the rest of the world, like outside of Provo. I remember visiting teaching an inactive sister back home in California, it was really different and sometimes difficult. I actually just did mine this evening, and I just walked to their apts in the same complex. That's so neat that you're making such an effort to go and do that.
Yes being pregnant is very fun. I can't wait for her to come but I really love being pregnant too!
I thought Jared's post was funny too. :) Since he's an English Teaching major he's a good creative writer (at least I think so :). What does Monte do again? I really wish we could have hung out more too!
I forget, were you there last Halloween at Coleman's? It was pretty funny because people kept coming by to trick-or-treat but Morgan was out getting candy and by the time he got it most of the trick-or-treaters had left (I'm sure you can't imagine...)
I hope I can see pics of the pumpkin you guys carve! Oh, good black and white scary movies: old Twilight Zones and The Bride of Boogedy (an old Disney one) are fun.
I'm also looking forward to seeing wedding pics when you can post them!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Get "Wait until Dark". It's pretty wholesome and it still makes you scream.

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick and that you lost your pictures. My computer crashed a few months ago and I was afraid I would loose everything, including my pictures. Then my computer genius of a brother-in-law recovered most of them, including the pictures I took from your wedding. I was so happy I made him a cake. And I'm going to email you the best ones from your wedding and reception. So expect an email from me very soon. :)
Cynthia