Friday, October 31, 2008

Hey Guys,

So, I went to the doctor this morning. The doctor spent an hour talking to me. She ordered blood tests and check my ears and nose. She even had the nurse clean my ears out just for fun. (It's really not so much fun...I think there is still water in there.) And she prescribed a steroid and a sleep aid.

They took 8 viles of blood. The doctor said that the blood test would check for types of Arthritis, (particularly Rheumatoid), Lupus, Lyme Disease, and any other random abnormalities in my blood.

The doc also has me on a two week Gluten Free diet to try an rule out Celiac Disease. The steroid is supposed to help break the cycle of headaches, help my allergies, and relieve some joint pain. The test results should be back in three days with the exception of the Lyme test which will take a week and half.

So, I thought that while we wait...to help pass the time, it would be fun to take a vote. (I like polls.) So, go to the right and click on what you think the diagnosis might be. Don't vote for what you hope it is but what you think the symptoms sound like. Don't worry...there really isn't any wrong answer (well, I guess there is but voting is anonymous) and this is all just fun. And when I find out what's going on then I'll let you know.

I'm making a game of this so if you will, why don't you play along.


To review major symptoms:
Joint pain in upper neck, upper and lower back along spine, knees, and feet.
Fatigue
Headaches
Inability to sleep for more than an hour or two
And minor symptoms:
Hot flashes and occasional night sweats
Nausea in the mornings
Chest pain
Abdominal cramps
Oh and I found out today that my blood pressure is slightly elevated (and it's usually very low).

Alrighty, Now you be the doctor!

5 comments:

K.E.N said...

Oo..I feel like House-the TV doctor. But you sound pregnant to me-but is it ever that easy? And since Eric is a future doctor, I'll ask him what he thinks and then we'll diagnos together.

BlueAdagio said...

I should probably add that I'm definitely not pregnant. Sorry. Doctor's orders.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I love this! I have been watching house, so I should be able to figure this out right? My first thought was that you were pregnant, but I figured they would rule that out first.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I voted, but I honestly hope it is a simple solution and nothing to major.

Leanne said...

Hey Cassandra! I still had a link to your blog despite all the months of silence :) Anyway, I noticed you were posting again and thought I'd say hi. Congrats on the marriage, and sorry you've been sick! Dave is in med school right now so I'll have to read him your symptoms and test his knowledge. I hope you figure things out and get feeling better soon!
Leanne (and Dave) Mueller