Saturday, January 30, 2010


Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I've decided to enter the competition and to make at least 3 different cakes. I've sketched out some cake ideas from the themes that you left me as well as a bunch of others. There are so many to pick from. Basically, I need to come up with a single tier special occasions cake, a multi-tier novelty cake, and I'm going to do a 3-tier wedding cake. That's the plan at the moment. If you have anymore sugestions I would love to hear them. The contest is not till the end of February so I still have time to come up with more thoughts and you all have been so helpful so far. So keep 'em coming!
THANKS!

3 comments:

Jana said...

For the special occasion cake, you could make it for Valentines Day and have it be a box of chocolates, possibly with fantastic (and witty) little sayings on some of them. I don't know how you'd make a lid (you probably do), but you could put a big bow on it.

OR... Addie is really into Sesame Street lately, and the puppets have all sorts of fun colors and big cheesy grins...that could be a fun cake.

OR... I liked the idea of a game cake, like Operation. It could somehow be a Get Well Soon cake.

OR... make a graduation cake for a doctor of some sort. You could put eyeballs and/or glasses on it for an optometrist (haha, and then we'll pay to have you ship it to us!), or dentures for a dentist, or a real heart for an MD. The possibilities are endless.

OR... I just loved your upsidedown umbrella cake for the baby shower, I thought that was very clever. You should do that!

OR... I should just shut up and eagerly await what you come up with yourself!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

I don't really have a specific suggestion, but I have noticed your gift for blending colors to create a neat effect (like the dragon's scales...very cool). I think you should incorporate that effect into whatever cake you decide to do.

Good luck on your cakes. You always blow me away with your creativity. Utilize all your strengths! I'll be rooting for you. Oh, and since I'm a Texan now, any way I can vote for you? From Lubbock?

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I love the Operation idea Jana! That one should for sure be the special occation one for "Get Well Soon." Can't wait for the pictures!