Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Durring my studio time today I put some slips on a few ceramic pieces and loaded them in the saggers with some fun things like copper wire, chrome oxide, goat manure, copper magnesium carbonate, and so on and so forth. This probably won't make much sense to most of you but believe me it is very exciting, and I can't wait till tomorrow morning when I get to unload the kilns with all the saggers in them. Wow...I"m breathless just thinking of it. And Monday I get to Raku fire four of my pieces from last semester that never got fired. They have a copper matte raku glaze that I made myself on them. Hopefully they will flash and eng up with lots of different colors, like oil, if I mixed all the chemicals right. What a delightful semester this is going to be. Anyhow I feel like showing off a little more so I'm going to attached a picture of some owl pieces I made last semester. The larger owl stands about 9 inches high...about the same as my parents poodle...just for scale. They are completely hollow and have commercial cone 06/04 glazes on them. Some more stuff you may not understand. At the moment I am trying to think of some interesting ideas for a new series of pieces. Leave me a comment if you have any suggestions. Well...back to the ceramics lab I go. It is snowing outside. How (not) fun.

No comments: