Monday, October 29, 2007

YAY For Halloween!

I love Halloween! It's right up there as one of my favorite holidays along with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my Birthday (yes it counts).We had our ward Halloween party this past Saturday. It was soooo much fun! My two roommates, my brother, and myself went as care bears. The fact that my brother went as grumpy bear really made the group terrific. We even won the "most creative costume" award. I made felt tummies for us all and cute little ears. And then don't forget the trademark hearts on the hip. It was a very exciting evening. The only thing that could have made it better was if my roommate Shiloh could have come with us. Then we could have had a Funshine bear. :)
Well, here are some pictures for you to check out.

I was Bedtime Bear.

Here's Grumpy Bear...but doesn't look so grumpy.

Ah, that's better.
(He's grumpy cause his ear is falling off.)

There was also Good Luck Bear (Mary) and
Tender Heart Bear (Katherine).

Syndrome (From the movie The Incredibles)
Awww...my Hero!...I mean, ugh, my villain.










Scary Eyes! (This picture is worth zooming in on.)









Decorating Cupcakes...Yum!

We thought this was the happiest picture on earth...I mean a Care Bear and Mr. Rogers! So much joy and happiness there. Enough to make you sick. Haha

Opposites Attract :) This is my good friend, Matt. But I almost didn't recognize him, he looked really scary!












Go team!!!

The nightmare before Christmas
made a pretty awesome costume.











Water, Fire, Wind, and Earth

Taking a shower













A funny Leprecon and the a big happy Bunny.



We got to carve pumpkins too!









And I won the cupcake decorating contest.
I used a chocolate cupcake to make a bat on top of a tombstone.





Well, that's all for now. We'll see what costume I can come up with for this Wednesday. I love Halloween!!And for anyone that is interested a Bedtime Bear costume is probably the most comfortable costume ever. (I felt like I was wearing pj's all night and I wanted to cuddle up and take a nap. Plus I got to wear slippers!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassandra!!! I miss you and I love your costume ideas!! It was great!! Seeing all those pictures from the ward Halloween party made me kind of 66th ward homesick. :(
I miss you and Mary and Shiloh and wish I was there with you.
I am going to write you sometime this week when things calm down. I have lots to tell. And I wanted to say I love reading your blog and sorry I never write in mine. :)
your roommate in spirit-Leila

Jana said...

The CareBear costumes really were an excellent idea, you all look WONDERFUL in them! I think I will have to steal that idea for a future Halloween. You looked adorable!