Monday, November 03, 2008


Eliot

I saw an interview with a couple last Friday on Oprah. They had just had a little baby girl and were sooo happy. The felt particularly blessed because this was their second child. Their first was a little boy whom they named Eliot. Eliot only lived 99 days. He had Trisomy 18 otherwise known as Edward's disease.

I was intrigued by their story and went online to see what Trisomy 18 was and to learn why Eliot's death was inspiring so many. Apparently his parents wrote a letter to Eliot every day starting from two months before he was born right up through the 99 days that he lived. After his death they turned the letters and photos into a 6 minute video tribute that they put on their blog for their family and friends. It became a youtube favorite that has inspired people all over the nation to treasure life.

I was so touched by the video that I wanted to share it with you guys. It will probably make you cry but I loved seeing how much they loved their child. This is our real purpose here on earth.

Here is the link to the YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0

Love,
Cass

3 comments:

Mo Daddy said...

it was a very touching video! thanks for sharing

Lilit said...

I made the last comment logged in as Michael, just so you know.
Lilit

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I saw that on Oprah too. I was crying too. So touching and loving and I love that they celebrated everyday of his life.