Thursday, December 18, 2008


It's almost Christmas!

And the best part about that is that my family is coming to Texas! My parents will be driving from South Carolina and my brother is flying from Utah. They will each be here for about a week and we have so much fun family time planned. Our tree is up.













And presents are already wrapped and waiting under the tree for my family to arrive. We have Christmas lights on the outside of our house and ribbon on the stairs. Stockings are hung and there's a turkey in the freezer. Everything looks so festive! (I really should get a picture of the outside of the house to post. But I will have to wait to night time so that you can see the lights.)

We have games planned and a trip to San Antonio. There is going to be awesome food. And I have my Christmas music all ready. I have been counting down the weeks till my family arrives and now it's only a couple of days away. I'm so excited I can hardly think of anything else!!!

In other holiday news, our ward had their Christmas party last weekend. It was a pretty good dinner and caroling and Santa stopped by. Early visit, I know, but nice of him to come.
We had a good time. People in our ward are so super nice and it's actually beginning to be fun because we know people now. And they know us. And they save us seats and say "Hey it's the Fairbanks, come sit here with us!" and we're all so merry. Two other couples have already invited us to do a New Years something with them. So, that's pretty cool too. Texas really isn't so bad after all.
I love the holidays!

6 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I'm glad you are starting to like Texas Cassandra. Its my favorite state besides California. Maybe I've already told you that, but I'm glad you two are settling in.

Jana said...

That last picture of you is so festive. You are the sort of friend I want to live next to during all celebrations, holidays, and happy occassions. You just always go all out for them! Have fun with your family, and I would LOVE to see a picture of your house!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your home. That's so nice that your family is willing to come for an extended visit to you.

kim e said...

I have enjoyed going to your blogg from Beth's blogg. You and your husband look so cute. I am so glad you are meeting friends in your new home. Happy New Year from the Edwards family!

Ruth said...

You guys are so cute!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!!

Ruth said...

Can I get your address? I have the same email if you want to email it to me. Thank you!