Thursday, March 23, 2006

I did a little baby sitting last night. During the course of the evening, with all the games and feedings and pink princess pajamas, I came to an interesting conclusion. That conclusion would be: I love nine month old babies.

There were two: a nine month old and a two year old that will be three this July. They were my best friend’s sister’s children. I found that through out the evening that I loved the attention I got from the curious nine month old. She was a handful, always trying to eat everything, and she had a magnetic pull towards anything made of paper that she could destroy. She wanted to climb and crawl on everything, and you could see that she is anxious to walk. While my friend ran around and played hide and seek with the two year old, I was content to sit and hold the other little one. She made the cutest little grins with only two small teeth on the bottom. Her tongue seemed to be always in action, and she must have drooled on nearly everything in the apartment. She was so adorable.

The experience reminded me of the time I spent this past Christmas up in Wisconsin with my friend, her husband, and her baby. I believe her child was also nine months old and quite the pleasure. Maybe I’m just generalizing as I only have two cases to work from at the moment, but I dare say my favorite is a nine month old. They are still babies, cute and lightweight. Yet, they have their own personalities, they grin at everything, crawl and climb and explore. You can see them learning and wanting to learn. It was all so incredible to behold. Everything is new. Everything is splendid. Not a bad way to behold the world around you. At nine months no one is yet jaded. Oh the wonderful gift, to see life like a little child.

p.s. 24 more days till my birthday!!!...just so you know:)

No comments: