Wednesday, March 08, 2006


Twenty - 24 - Four
Amazing! Probably my all time favorite.

And I’m not talking about the sitcom on tv…I am talking about my age. Well, My soon to be age.

My birthday is coming up on April 16th and if you know me at all, you know how much I dearly enjoy birthdays. And not just my own, if you want a big to do done with you then give me call and let me start planning.

Now back to the number 24. For some reason, unbeknown to me this particular birthday has carried with it a certain fantastical delight promising fulfillment ever since my early childhood years. I always saw 24 as my golden birthday; the birthday when all would happen. The birthday to look forward to, the birthday to remember...

Yet, I fear as it roles nearer that there is nothing in my life so remarkable as to make this birthday anymore memorable than the past birthdays have been. However, I still feel a sense of excitement…that this is it! What it is, I have no idea what so ever, but it is exciting.

I was discussing this idea briefly with a friend of mine, and he suggested (I’m sure just on a whim.) that I go hot air ballooning for my birthday. This idea for some reason has been stuck in my head this last week and half, and as silly as it may sound, I actually got online last night to look at balloon rides. The idea, in reality, is very thrilling. I can only imagine how splendid the scenery would be. Soaring high above the ground with the wind and beauty it would be like taking a walk through the heavens. It actually reminds me of a song by the group Celtic Woman called “Walking in the Air” which if you have not heard you should take a listen to some time.

Now back to my point, I found while researching balloons rides that they generally cost $175 a person per hour which is entirely out of my price range. I found one website that boasted $164 a person, yet that too seems a little steep to me. So, unless I have some rich benefactor or someone has a wad of doe burning a hole in their pocket that they are just dying to spend on a hot air balloon ride with me; I am sad to say that it appears that ballooning will not be the splendor that will mark my 24th birthday.

So…what to do? I throw that question out there to you all. Please send me your most fun, wildest, but realistically cheap ideas that could make this birthday one to remember. I’m excited to hear what you all would do to celebrate. YAY for 24!!!

4 comments:

BlueAdagio said...

J ~
You always have the best ideas! Unfortunately with that being the last week of school before exams and a holiday weekend (Easter Sunday) I doubt I could get anyone to go anywhere with me. But The pictures idea sounds like fun. I may have to do it another time.
Thanks for your comment.
Love C


And to everyone else, MORE IDEAS, keep 'em comin'. I need something outragious to do...or at least a really fun party ideas that others would enjoy. :)

Unknown said...

Just find something that's stereotypically you. I had a huge MST3K party for my birthday recently. I just wanted an excuse to have a ton of friends over. It turned out to be a fabulous time. It didn't even have to be anything big. It was just nice to spend time with a bunch of people I really cared about.

Maybe something like that would be nice. Also happy birthday in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

check out citydeals.com. they have some really great deals on there. in fact they advertise a 1/2 hour balloon ride for 2, for $159.90. That is still rather expensive, but it a great website you should look at. oh, i am travis' sister, by the way

Travis Butterfield said...

you could always go on a road trip to Arizonia and visit moi! That might be fun (ha ha)