Monday, October 08, 2007

Where did my Southern Charm go?


I just took an online quiz and officially found out that I do not have an accent, haha, according to the response below...the truth is that I come from a very small southern town about 3 hours from Charleston or anything big enough to be worth anything. But seeing as how I've lived in Utah for 7 years now maybe I've confused everything.
My favorite, however, is that it says I have a good voice for Television. That's good, right? Generally people on TV (generally) sound intelligent. That's all I really ever wanted. :)


Here's my results:
(If you would like to try it yourself there's 13 quick questions just click here.)



What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

4 comments:

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Hey, I took the test...they called it. I'm from the west. Utah hasn't changed me as much as I feared. Oh, and to me, you'll always have a southern accent (they didn't ask if "six" and "sex" sound the same when you say them...that would be a dead giveaway!).

BlueAdagio said...

Okay, Lisa...I just have to say that you made me laugh sooo hard. I totally forgot about that little mispronunciation of mine and the mishap that happened at the movies when a young man asked me if we needed two tickets and I said "no we need sex".

Jana said...

I'm glad you shared that sex moment! Ha! Oh, and I'm happy to see you start posting again. Yay!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

(Seth is still wondering why I chuckled after reading the above comments!) I think I will not tell him since he's 4. It says I'm midland too...I know I've lost a lot of my Hartsville (pronounced Hartsvul) accent, but I'm still told I sound southern be everyone but southerners who don't really say anything...Hmm...it was interesting anyways. (I was warning Carolyn-2- the other day of the dangers of touching my pins and she pointed out to me that her pen would not hurt her.) They sounded different when they came out of my mouth....