Sunday, February 19, 2006

...AN UNBEARABLE MOMENT...

I know I said I was not going to write in here for awhile and I completely intend on keeping that promise this upcoming week as I have much to do, but I just had to tell you one quick little story.

Last night my brother and my roommate, Leila, made a snowman. Not just any snowman, this one was quite creative and down right adorable. They both put so much time into this endeavor. I helped them make the face. It was a bear with a little bear nose and mouth and dark little eyes. He had ears. He had a scarf and sticks for arms. He had gloves that were packed with snow so they looked like hands. He even had a 66 printed across his chest with sticks so that our ward (the 66th ward) would be welcomed by him as they walked to church, 8Am early. It was meant to bring others joy. And they spent so much time on him that my heart aches to think what end this poor snow bear met last night.

Sometime between 1Am and 4Am last night some punk ran this poor snow bear over with his car. The idiot had to drive his car off the road over the grass and up onto the sidewalk to plow into our little 4 foot high buddle of cold delight. Why do people do such things?! WHY?!! I ask you, why. I know he was just a little snow creature doomed to melt in the sun's rays as the days passed on...but it was still cruel to end his existence in such a way. What had he done but cheerfully smiled and greeted this monster that plowed him over one lonely night. His head was found in the middle of the street along with one frozen hand. The scarf was lodge under the weight of his broken little bear body. The other hand is still missing...torn from its owner in a heinous act of stupidity. What was the fiend thinking? (I hope he broke a light or bent his fender. Hmm...)

If you have the time,
May we have a small but ever so thoughtful moment of silence in remembrance of our dear little frosty friend...
whose carcass now litters the street near my home.


7 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

hang on . . . does your family live in Provo now? I thought you were from South Carolina or somewhere like that. p.s. hopefully the driver did it on accident. Maybe he was drunk, or lost control on a patch of ice . . .

BlueAdagio said...

Believe me...if you had seen the scene, it was deliberate.

(My Family still lives in South Carolina.)

Thirdmango said...

You and your linking isketch! I've lost my life to that thing. I just sit in the movie room all night!

Travis Butterfield said...

Hey Cass -- I hope you're doing well, and getting all caught up in your classes so you can blog again soon! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the driver's seratonin levels were a little low and he needed a pick-me-up. The funny thing is, as an observer, I think my seratonin levels have received a little boost! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I spelled serotonin with an "a" -- please do a good deed and ignore my spelling ineptitude, and we will all enjoy a boost in serotonin!

BlueAdagio said...

hehe...thanks Cococ...I'm feeling the serotonin levels rise as we speak