Tuesday, February 14, 2006

In response to Caroline's blog "Silly Girly things" I thought I would post my current favorite engagement ring as well. What can I say...I'm just as silly as all the rest. (Plus it's rather hard to not think about with my roommate planning her upcoming wedding in June...Yay! for her!)Anyhow, I tried this ring on at Morgan's Jewelers here at the mall with my friend Shiloh a couple weeks back. I have always been a fan of the anniversary bands over the traditional engagement ring setting, though a simple small solitare is always going to be a classic for me. I looked up the price and it's only $1,300 for the half carrot (which is what I tried on) but they have a smaller version, the quarter carrot for $600 [pictured above]. It looks the same as the other. The diamonds were all picked to match each other and they are set down into the ring but still pronged not banded. I find it rather pretty.

6 comments:

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

I'm so happy to hear that you're alive! And I'm sorry that I wasn't in Provo to help you out, my dear. But it sounds like you had a lot of friends on call to help you through this.

I miss you, Cass! I'm happy for you though now that you've started the BFA program. And it sounds like you're keeping a great perspective on things despite your recent sickness.

Thirdmango said...

Hey, I just checked my email and found your email. I'm glad to see you've joined the blogging world. There are about eight others in this ward that I know of who have blogs as well so it's funny to see who ends up using this stuff. I'm sorry to hear of your sickness, I didn't know until last sunday, but I'm glad to hear you're better.

Oh yes, and so you know who I am, I'm Jon, the one with lots of hair. if you wanna know who else in the ward has blogs just let me know, some of them are quite good reads with wonderful insight.

BlueAdagio said...

Good to hear from you Jon. If you read this let me know your blog site that I assume you have and any others that I might know. I'm new to this whole blogging experience and enjoy reading everything I can. My roommates have just started some too...their links are on my page.

Thirdmango said...

thirdmango.blogspot.com is mine

Sam Orme is linked on mine, he's Optimistic

Becky Gardner is http://forthegipper.blogspot.com/

BlueAdagio said...

3:12 AM....!!! Why are you still up, Jon?

thanks for the links

Thirdmango said...

5:00 AM? I'd ask you the same thing! I too was still up at 5 am. I always am.