Sunday, February 05, 2006

DREAM Open To INTERPRETATION

I had a very strange dream the other night. I do enjoy a good dream. This one made my heart beat rather fast and left me feeling flustered when I awoke. I thought to myself…wouldn’t it be fun to have my dream interpreted by others. So, you may send me your wildest interpretation via email or by the comment link below as to what you think this dream could mean. The crazier the better, I say.
______________________________

My Dream:

I found myself in a large house that was owned by one of my closest friends. He was having some sort of get together. Now my friend (as he will remain nameless for privacy reasons…and umm, cause I don’t wan to tell him that I had a bothersome dream about him…haha) had invited lots of people over to his house. I believe it was his parent’s house as I would find out later. In the dream all of the company was made up of females…loud boisterous and giggly females (but of course this did not seem the least bit odd at the time). Quite annoying, though. While I was at my friend’s house I found myself quite disgusted with his behavior. He was being extremely flirty with all of the girls. Once he flopped down on the couch just to be followed by a hoard of girls crowding all around him. Another time he tossed a couple snowballs and then fell into a pile of snow to then be covered with giggly girls falling on top of him, laughing, touching, vying for his attention.

(Now, in reality, you must understand, that this good friend of mine is nothing like the Don Juan I saw in my dream. I rarely have ever seen him even touch a girl much less play one female against another in a sick mad ego-fest.)

At this moment in the dream I started to get terribly sick. I was shaking with chills and running to the bathroom every five seconds with nausea. At one point the lights went out because of the thunderstorm outside and found myself crawling, because I lack the strength to stand, from the bathroom down the hall to find my friend. I found him eventually and he gave me the same uncaring glance that he had been bestowing upon me all evening. I realized at that moment that our friendship no longer mattered to him.

(In real life, I feel that if I ever needed my friend he would be right there by my side to help. He is just that kind of gentleman and has always shown himself that sort of friend. In this dream was his face but deffinately not his character.)

In my dream he would not lift a finger to help me. He no longer cared. I crawled up the stairs to the third floor of the house. I found his grandmother sitting in a chair in a kitchen. She smiled at me. I walked over and she sort of laughed and patted my hand in a comforting and reassuring way. I thought to myself, she must be senile, he does not care about me. Why does she smile at me like that…like everything will be okay. I then found his sisters room and fell asleep for awhile.

When I awoke I looked around for my purse with my keys inside so that I could go home. I could not find my purse anywhere. All the girls were gone and so was my friend. His family had come home and were arguing in the kitchen. I told them I had lost my keys and his sister helped me look for my purse. I knew that if I could not find my purse that I would never be able to go home and that worried me greatly. I did not want to be there when I my friend came back. He had hurt me so much. His family told me I could stay but I just had to find my keys. His grandmother’s voice echoed in my head. “Everything will be okay, don’t worry.” I wondered how I could hear her say that, she had never opened her mouth during our earlier encounter. At that point in the dream, though, I knew it was because she had been dead for quite some time. I did not tell the family that I had seen their dead grandmother…I just kept searching for my purse and my keys so that I could go home.
___________________________

I was still searching when I woke up. My heart was beating rapidly and I had mixed emotions. I felt somewhat happy that my friend’s grandmother had come to tell me everything would be okay yet I felt so sad that my friend had thrown away our relationship. Now, of course, my friend and I are still great friends or at least I think so…it has been a couple weeks since we have really spoken to each other. But anyhow, that is the dream I had on Friday evening. I have been a little under the weather so it’s possible it was just a feverish attempt to deal with my sore sick body during sleep but I thought it would be much more fun if you all came up with some crazy meaning behind all of this that will give me some insight into the recesses of my life. Haha. :) Well, it’s just a thought.

2 comments:

gumball said...

Interesting dream.

Sounds anxiety-laden. I'm glad you survived it.

I have a blog, if you wish to check it out.

Travis Butterfield said...

Wow. I don't know if I can analyze your dream with any amount of accuracy, but, I can tell you a couple of things that I noticed. Oh, by the way, "Hi."
Anyhoo. Forgive me if I jump to some conclusions you disagree with. But, it seems to me that you may have a crush on this boy, which makes sense why he would be surrounded by lots of other girls. You probably fear that he doesn't reciprocate your feelings. You seem to have a deep fear of losing this person. Maybe you've contemplated telling him how you feel about him, but you're afraid it will ruin your friendship. I don't know. The fact that you experience him rejecting you in your dream is the strongest reason for this analysis.
Another possible interpretation goes along with the next part of your dream very nicely. Even if you and the boy in question end up falling in love and getting married, you seem to have a deep-seated fear of divorce. The fact that you are IN his house would suggest that perhaps you already have been married to him (in the dream), and when you see him with the other women, you realize he no longer loves you. This makes you physically ill, because it is the thing you fear the most. And yet, somehow, there is some sort of comfort for you in the form of his grandmother. I don't really have a clue what her part of this dream means. It might mean that you still love the guy, and love his family, and find comfort in that love, despite the fact that he may not reciprocate any more.
If this was a dream that I had experienced personally, this is the way that I probably would have interpreted it. But, I can't speak for you. I'm just telling you what it seems like it could mean, in my humble opinion.